Monday, April 25, 2016

New Pom Pom Angel: Forbidden Kiss pt. 4

The force of pure shock and horror sent me flying out of the apartment and down the hallway towards Regina’s apartment. Before knocking I took a deep breath. What he had done was completely and totally wrong, but…
Maybe it was cultural differences?
Sure, Dante had crossed so many lines, but he also was knew to the human world. He was a demon after all. He had no real basis for right and wrong, right?
I let the breath out, and knocked on the door as calmly as I could.


Dante peaked his head out, his smile fading when he saw my face.
“We need to talk.”
“I screwed up?” He bit his lip.
I stood my ground.
“Just… we need to talk.”
Dante slipped out of the apartment, closing the door behind him quietly.  
He stood there, his eyes scanning my face. “Was the picture too much? I thought it would be…”
I held up a hand. “The breaking and entering was too much.”
“Oh.” His cheeks reddened. “Well, I thought to woo someone you had to surprise them.”
“Well, I was surprised.” I couldn’t help but chuckle.
“But maybe leave them at your door next time?” He continued to nibble on his lip, that one canine starting to poke out now.
“And no surprise nude pictures… in my room… while I’m sleeping.”
“What about nude pictures from my room?” That smile started to return to his lips.
“Save those for later. Like after I give you my…” I shook my head. “You got my number from my phone, didn’t you?”
He kicked at the carpet gentle. “Maybe.”
I held up my hands. “Dante, be honest with me. Is this cutesy deal an act, or are you really just trying to woo me? I mean, you are a demon, and I don’t want to sound racist? Speciest? I… I don’t want to sound like an asshole, but your people kind of have a reputation for being a tad bit sneaky.” I knew how bad it sounded, but he was an actual demon. “I mean, your sister is actively trying to find a woman to morally destroy my roommate. You can understand why I might be having a few trust issues here.”
“Well,” he glanced at me, “you’ll just have to wait and see.”
I didn’t like the sound of that.
He gave me a wink, and slipped back into Regina’s apartment.

What the hell was I getting myself in to?

No comments:

Post a Comment