Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Eye See You: Infection pt. 39

“What… what is it?” Albert was looking at the terrified expression on my face.  He turned, and had to cover his mouth to muffle his fear.

One of the patients had sat up and pulled away their curtain while I had had my back turned. The patient was watching us, although I’m not sure that they were even still alive.

The wires from the machinery next to their bed had dug itself into the person’s skin, pulsing and slithering its way along, creating deep, blood red veins to balloon along the greying flesh. Blood poured from their nose and the corners of their milky white eyes.

The patient raised their hand, reaching out for us. They slowly opened their mouth, and I could see wires snaking past the blood caked lips, pushing out teeth and slicing into the tender flesh inside of their mouth.

I grabbed Albert, pulling him towards the door just as one of the wires shot from inside the patient’s mouth and cut into wall were Albert’s head had just been.


“Holy shit!” Albert yelled as we left the room, the door slamming behind us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment