Monday, April 11, 2016

New Pom Pom Angel: Forbidden Kiss pt. 2

The next time I saw Dante was at the Wet Whistle.
The Wet Whistle was this bar down the street from my building. The place wasn’t fancy, but it was clean and cozy, and every Thursday it had a “Boy’s Night” which attracted a decent enough crowd to keep me stocked up in hazy one night stands that I haven’t regretted yet.
I went for my normal spot at the bar, and sure enough Dante found his way into the seat next to mine. He gave my elbow a gentle nudge.
“Hey neighbor.” He smiled.
“Hey.” I motioned towards the bartender. They knew me well enough where I didn’t have to call out the order. “So, how are you liking life in the human world?”
“Fine, I guess.” He kept his eyes locked on me as he spoke. “Fewer orgies, but better air flow.”
The bartender put down a rum and Coke in front of me, and I handed him a five.
“Well, I’m sure your sister could point you in the direction of a few orgies. She seems to have fallen in with the local sex club scene.” I didn’t look at him as I sipped my drink.
“You know,” he placed his hand on my shoulder, “I’m actually thinking of something a little more one on one.”

The next few thoughts all rushed through my head in a manner of five seconds.
Don’t even think about it. He’s a demon.
He is cute though.
He may also try and feast on your mortal soul after he’s done with you.
I’ve been a dry spell the last couple of weeks.
Was losing my soul to a demon who wore leather pants worth it?
HE’S A FRICKEN DEMON!
But he’s cute.

“I…” I stuttered, “I’m not really one to rush into bed.”
I was surprised my nose didn’t grow three feet after that gigantic lie. I wasn’t a complete slut, but I had been known to enjoy the occasional one night stand. Okay, maybe I was a frequent one night only member. Still, when dealing with a potential Incubus, one needed to think of protection, and I wasn’t just thinking condoms and PrEP.

“So, does that mean I have to woo you?” He leaned closer. His breath smelled like cinnamon and vanilla. “I can woo with the best of them.”
I backed up a little. He was more confident this time. “Why?”
He looked confused. “Why what?”
“Why me?” I glanced around the bar. “There are probably ten guys in here who would willing go home with you right now, and most of them are probably hotter than I am. So, why me?”
“You really want to know?” He leaned even closer.
I nodded.
“You were nice to me. Never really experienced that before. Kind of liked it.” He kissed my cheek, and sat back. “So, do I have to woo you?”
I nodded, a bit dumbstruck.
“Then I better get started on that.” He slapped a ten dollar bill on the bar, motioning towards the bartender. “One drink for him, and the change is for you.” He winked at the bartender, then got up and without another word, left.
I didn’t really know how to respond, and so I sat there, in silence, and sipped on my drink. Secretly I was hoping the alcohol could help me process.

It didn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment