Monday, April 4, 2016

New Pom Pom Angel: Forbidden Kiss pt. 1

I, Nando, am being stalked by a demon.
Okay, maybe stalked is a strong word, but damn is this demon persistent.
It all started about a week ago, when Dante (that’s the demon) moved in down the hall. He actually isn’t the first demon for the building either. His sister, Regina, has been living here for a while now.


This is all familiar stuff, I know. So… back to my little Dante shaped problem.
I had spotted him the day he moved in. He had been dragging a large duffle bag up the stairs towards my floor. Of course the bag was completely blocking the stairwell, and me being in a hurry, but not wanting to be a complete asshole, asked Dante if he needed some help.
“Thanks,” he had said, giving me this adorable half smile that showed off his one, pointed canine.
That canine was the first clue that something was off about him. When I say it was pointed, I mean, it was a fricken fang. Not really vampire fang, but… kind of fox-ish.


Still, I’ve dealt with a few supernatural beings over the past couple of weeks, so I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. Things with Missy didn’t turn out, and she occasionally sprouted wings if she farted and sneezed at the same time.
Damn… I wasn’t supposed to tell anyone  that.  


Alright, back on track.


So, I helped Dante with his bag, thinking I was doing the neighborly thing. It didn’t hurt that he was cute in a kind of punk by way of emo style. Plus, he didn’t smell funky, and his teeth were clean. He was also giving me those “maybe?” eyes.  You know the ones. The “maybe this guy might be interested, but I’ll play it safe” eyes.
The truth was, I was kind of interested.
Until we got upstairs.


When we get to Regina’s door my “Nope” alarm started going off big time.
“You a friend of Regina’s?” I asked him, trying to sound as casual as possible.
“Brother, actually.” His smile twitched. “You know her?”
“Yep.” I nodded. “She’s in competition with my roommate Missy for my other roommate Gus’s romantic destiny.”
He just nodded.
“So, you’re a…” I paused. Was the word demon derogitory? I mean, I was guessing he was some hellspawn, but that didn’t mean I had to be rude. “You aren’t human, are you?”
“Nope. Demon.” He bit his lip. “Is that a problem?”
“Nope.” I completely and totally lied. “Anyways, I better get back. I’ll see you around, okay?”
“Okay.”
I started towards the door to my apartment and stopped.  If I have learned one thing from listening to Regina and Missy go on and on, it’s that there are specific kinds of demons to watch out for. I turned back towards Dante. He was still watching me, that mischievous, and yet adorable smile twitching on his lips.


“You aren’t a…” I had to search for the word. “Are you an incubus?”
He shrugged. “Maybe.”
Dammit.
Dante waved his hand over Regina’s lock, and I could hear it audibly click open. “You’ll just have to do a little… exploring to find out.”

Then he was gone, vanished into Regina’s apartment, and leaving me both a little excited, a tiny bit scared and completely and utterly confused in the hallway.

No comments:

Post a Comment