Thursday, June 23, 2016

Eye See You: Mother's Day pt. 10

I glanced towards Richard.

His body was limp. Did I see his hand twitch? No, that was just my mind playing tricks on me. He was dead. There wasn’t enough left of him to do much of anything if that Virus thing took over. He was dead and…

I saw it again. His hand twitched. Then there was the groan.

I stood up straight, my eyes locked on the corpse of my best friend’s husband. He was watching me. His dead, shriveled eyes were locked on me, and when I took a step towards the door they followed me.

No, not again. I couldn’t do this again.

“You must,” he croaked. “You must go through instillation.”

His death smile grew.

One of the wires that had been whipping around in the hollowed out cavity of his torso had snaked its way out of his body and had made its way across the floor. I hadn’t noticed it until it had wrapped itself around my ankle.

I felt the tip of the wire jab into my skin.

“No!” I screamed as loud as I could as I felt the wire start to burrow its way into my flesh.


I was not going to die like this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment