Monday, June 27, 2016

New Pom Pom Angel: Forbidden Kiss pt. 13

Dinner went very well, and after we decided to take a walk around the neighborhood. He held my hand, and occasionally our shoulders would brush together.

Normally being affectionate with another man in public made me uneasy. There were always glances, or comments. Sometimes people would threaten me. Even in a time where more and more people were accepting of same sex couples, that fear had to always be present. There was that need to always be aware of your surroundings, and the people nearby. 

Dante didn’t care. He understood evil, but in an odd way, he didn’t seem to understand hate. He didn’t care that people were staring at us. He just wanted to hold my hand, and that was all that mattered. It probably helped that he had demonic powers, and that any drunken bro who decided to start shit didn’t stand a chance against him. That wasn’t all it was, though.

He was just too happy to care.

Eventually we made our way to a small park two blocks away from our building. We walked the cracked cement path through the overgrown trees and found a bench across from a small koi pond. Still holding my hand, he gently guided me to sit next to him. Once I was seated he kissed my cheek and gently rested his head on my shoulder.

“Are you happy?” he asked.

I nodded.

“Do I make you happy?”

It didn’t take me long to admit that he did. He made me very happy. He made me happier than I had been in years.

“Yes,” was my answer.

“Good.” He turned his head and kissed my shoulder. “You make me happy, too.”

And that was all it took for me to admit that I had completely and totally fallen in love with the demon sitting next to me.

I didn’t know what how the relationship would develop. It could be amazing, or it could be hell on earth, but that was fine. At that moment I realized that I was willing to take the risk, because Dante was worth it. Dante, with all his flaws and misunderstandings of human tradition, was the perfect man for me, and I would be a complete idiot to pass it up.

I turned my head towards him, and we kissed.


I was madly and truly in love, and that was all I needed at that moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment