Monday, June 13, 2016

New Pom Pom Angel: Forbidden Kiss pt. 11

We decided to walk to the restaurant. The night was beautiful and clear, with a gentle breeze that kept everything cool, but not cold.

Dante walked next to me, his shoulder close to mine, and occasionally he would lean close, brushing against me.

I asked, “You ever have Chinese before?

“Well, there was this one guy, but he might have been Korean. I honestly don’t remember; it was so long ago.” He looked at me. “Oh, you mean food. Chinese food.”

I nodded, my eyes again made wide by the demon talk.

“I actually haven’t. The world of human food is kind of new to me. Usually I just dine on the flesh of the damned.” He shrugged. I stopped walking. He turned, looking at me. “Oh come on, Nando, I’m joking. Of course I’ve had Chinese food.”

“What about the whole ‘flesh of the damned’ thing?” I asked.

He walked up to me, looping his arm in with mine, and started me forward again.

“Only on holidays.” He rested his head on my shoulder. “Although, I guess you could say I’m going the demon version of vegetarian. No more souls, no more roasted flesh of the damned. Just normal, human food.”


I think he expected that comment to calm me down, but it didn’t. I made a mental note to keep that holy water with me. Just in case Dante fell off the flesh eating band wagon, or we got in a fight or something.  

No comments:

Post a Comment