Monday, June 20, 2016

New Pom Pom Angel: Forbidden Kiss pt. 12

We sat in a table towards the back of the restaurant, away from the families and large parties. Our spot was pretty quiet, and the lights were set low. It was actually pretty romantic.

Dante looked at me from across the table, the light of the tabletop candle flickering in his eyes. At least, I thought the candle was flickering in his eyes. It could also just be a little bit of hellfire.

I chose to believe it was the candle.

“I’m kind of surprised you asked me out again.” Dante smiled. “Our last date kind of went belly up, and everything before that was a bit of a mess because… well, because I don’t really know how humans date.”

“Yeah, things have been a bit disastrous so far, but…” I cleared my throat. “You try. You try really hard, and that means something to me. Sure you don’t always get it, but the fact that you keep trying to get it right is the most important thing.”

Dante’s smile grew. He reached out, and took my hand in his. His grip was firm, but gentle. He nibbled on his lower lip, and even in the low light I could see his cheeks turn a subtle shade of pink. He looked so cute.

“I thought that was how romance was supposed to work.” Dante’s voice was soft. “I always thought that if you wanted someone to know you liked them, you did your best to show them.”

“A lot of people forget that.” I gave his hand a gentle squeeze.


“Well, I won’t.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment