Thursday, June 9, 2016

Eye See You: Mother's Day pt. 6

Richard lay on the bed, his chest and stomach ripped open. Wires whipped around in the hollowed out cavity that had once been his torso. The bed was soaked in blood and dark bits of his insides that had splattered out.

His face, though. His face was what really horrified me. His eyes were open, his mouth slack, but still, somehow, he was smiling. He lay there, a literal shell of a human being, and he was smiling.

My scream finally caught in my throat, and I stumbled away from the bed, my back crashing into the wall.

“What did you do?” I looked at Bea.

Bea stood in the doorway, her hand to her mouth. She was making a ‘tsk tsk’ sound. “Ever since the upgrade he’s just been lying there like a total log. I don’t think it took. Do you? I mean, I know he’s old, but we both are, and I took mine just fine.”

“Upgrade?” I inched farther away from her.

“Of course, Loni!” She laughed, turning her full attention to me. “Oh… you haven’t gone through installation yet. My dear, it isn’t that bad. I promise you. Mine went just fine.” She pulled away her sweater, exposing her white, wrinkled chest to me.

Her breasts hung low, and her nipples looked as if they had rotted off.  Purple veins seemed to spark and glow along them, the rest of the flesh was an unhealthy greyish green. The veins led towards the center of her chest, towards the small device that had broken through her skin. Tiny hooks of metal and wires burrowed their way into her flesh.


It was her pace maker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment