Thursday, June 30, 2016

Eye See You: Mother's Day pt. 12 *End Arc*

I had somehow managed to get a call out to my son. The landline in the kitchen still worked, and I was able to dial and talk without any part of it trying to merge with me. He had picked up on the third ring.

“Mom, where are you!” He sounded panicked.

“Bea and Richard’s,” I choked out. “They’re both… they both…”

I could barely speak. The sobs threatened to overtake me again every time I opened my mouth.

“Mom?” His voice was calmer now, but no less concerned. “Mom, what happened? Why are you at Aunt Bea’s house?”

“David, I just need you to pick me up. Okay? I’ll be sitting outside. I just need… please come and get me. Okay?” I spoke quickly, knowing that if I took too long, I would break down on the phone. I couldn’t cry again. I didn’t have the energy.

He promised to be right there.

I left the kitchen and made my way to the front porch. Slowly I lowered myself onto the cement steps. I sat there, my mind feeling empty and my body feeling weak. Only one thought kept repeating in my head, over and over again.

This is just the beginning.

Was I really ready to fight this fight? Could I? I had no idea. All I knew was that I couldn’t give up. I couldn’t let what happened to Bea and Richard happen to me, or to my son.


I had to fight. 

To Be Continued in... 

Eye See You: Mutation

No comments:

Post a Comment