Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Rituals pt. 25

“Whatever you’re going to do, do it quickly.” Alana was helping the young woman to her feet.

“You two, run.” I didn’t take my eyes off of Venom. “Get upstairs, get to Doug. I’ll be right behind you.”

Alana didn’t argue with me. She looked at the young woman, gave her a once over. “Are you okay to run?”

The woman nodded.

“You got a name?” I asked the young woman.

“Missy.” Then the young woman ran over, and kissed me on the cheek. “An angel’s kiss for luck.”

Alana and Missy took off, running towards the stairs, past the sea of howling vipers. It was just me, Venom and the growing ball of energy building up in the palm of my hand. It was growing brighter and brighter.

“Release it by flexing your fingers,” said Juktha.

I did as I was told, and just in time. Venom was less than five feet away, and closing quickly. The burst of energy expanded, turning from a ball into a wall of pure light.

“No!” Venom screamed. “I can’t die this easily! I am to powerful. I am…”


His body exploded into a ball of twisting, writhing green flame. 

No comments:

Post a Comment