Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Rituals pt. 24

The room snapped back into focus, and I could feel Juktha inside of my brain, my body. Her power coursed through me, and I felt almost invincible.

When I glanced at the young woman being held by Venom I could see that her face was sweaty and flush. She was concentrating.

“Did it work?” She whimpered.

I nodded.

“Good.” She glanced at Venom. “Now you and Juktha can kill this son of a bitch.”

Venom hissed and threw the girl towards us.

“Damn it,” he yelled, “the little bitch was holding out on me. Well, ssssshe can die like the rest of you.”

Then he started slithering towards us. His body moved smoothly across the floor, weaving in and out between the shafts of light. What was I supposed to do? I had the power, I just… well, I didn’t know how to use it.

“Raise your hand,” Juktha said. Her voice seemed like a pleasant echo in my brain. “Raise your hand and focus. I’ll do the rest.”

I did as she told me, and focused my mind on Venom.


That was when my palm began to glow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment