Thursday, June 16, 2016

Eye See You: Mother's Day pt. 8

Bea’s body jerked hard, and her head snapped back. A pocket of flesh above her right breast burst, releasing a stream of rotting, black blood and yellow pus.

I kept my finger on the button, and pushed the Taser harder. She jerked again, and this time her left eye exploded. She was shaking violently, the electrical current from my Taser overloading her pace maker.

I could feel hot tears running down my cheeks. I was killing my best friend.

No, I reminded myself. Whatever was in the electronics, in the… the Digital Void, had killed my best friend. I was just taking out one of its drones. Bea was no longer in there, not the Bea that I knew. Not the Bea that I had loved like a sister, not the Bea that had been the Maiden of Honor at my wedding, not the Bea that… that…

I screamed, thrusting my hand forward again. The Taser smashed into the pace maker and pushed it back, into her chest cavity. Her body, with the sudden overload of electricity, lit up. Her flesh was glowing hot and orange, and her remaining eye exploded.


Then, the power ran out on my Taser, and Bea dropped to the ground. 

No comments:

Post a Comment