Thursday, February 11, 2016

Eye See You: Infection pt. 22

I collected some flashlights, a bat, and a few other objects that could be used as weapons. I didn’t know what I was going to be facing when I finally got to see the Unknown Sender in person, but I wasn’t going to go in half assed.


My mom was watching me.


“I should be coming with you,” she said.


“Mom, you need to stay here. You need to stay safe.” I couldn’t look at her.


“That Unknown Sender person is the reason your father is dead. He took that from me, Dave. I have a right to be there.” Her voice was growing tense. “I have a right to look that son of a bitch in the eye.”


The sound of my mom cursing made me pause. When I looked at her I could see angry tears welling up in the corner of her eyes.


“I can’t lose you, mom.” I walked over to her, hugging her, holding her close. “You are all I have left.”


“You better come back to me.” She hugged me back.


“I will.”



God, I hope I was telling her the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment