Monday, February 8, 2016

New Pom Pom Angel: First Dates pt. 2

“Missy?” Gus’s voice woke me from the nap I was taking on the couch.  I had somehow survived my first store inventory, and my head was killing me.  Not even my angelic powers could save me from that one.  

“What?” I moaned, my fingers rubbing my eyes. 

“You told Raven that I would go out with her again?” Gus was looking down at me, his eyes wide with panic. 

“She seemed nice.” I rolled over, shielding my face from the glare of the sun. 

“Nice? She brought a ball gag in her purse on our first date!” As he spoke, his voice went up three octaves. 

“I can understand why.” I covered my ears, trying to block out his continued complaints. 

I understand that Raven wasn’t his usual, and she was also one of Regina’s choices, but there was something about her that I liked.  Maybe it was because she was ready for any situation, because the more Gus bitched, the more I wish that I too had a ball gag in my purse. 

Finally, Gus’s panic attack in full swing, I sat up. 

“Listen,” I held up a hand, quieting him, “I get that she might be a little scary, but take it from an angel, she has a good heart.  Nipple clips does not a bad person make.”

He glared at me. 

“Stop being so judgmental.” I threw up my arms. “She also likes reading mysteries and trying out new teas from that small shop around the corner.  So she enjoys a little kink.  Have you talked to her about any of it?  Why she likes it? Did you even know about the books, or the tea? No!”

Now it was my turn to rant.  I was on my feet, walking towards him. 

“But… but…” He was stammering now. 

“Do you know she volunteers at a pet rescue at least two weekends out of the month? Or how about the fact that her day job is working with special needs kids?”

He shook his head. 

Gus has trust issues.  I mean, I can understand where they come from, considering he’s never had a steady girlfriend, and the few women that have given him the time of day usually ended up punting his heart into the next state.  Still, he needed to learn that people are complex creatures.  He was never going to find someone if he expected them to fit whatever stale stereotypes he had lodged in his brain. 

“You need to understand that I do my research Gus!” I patted him on the shoulder. “Now shut the hell up, because unlike you, I was at the store until four this morning taking inventory, and if I don’t get at least three hours of sleep right now, I will call Regina in here, and have her suck your soul out of your body through your asshole.  Got it?”

Gus just nodded.

“Good.” I turned and headed back towards the couch. “You’ll meet Raven, who actually is named Raven by the way, at CafĂ© Bubble at six.  They have a great selection of green and milk teas, both of which she has expressed interest in.  I also recommend the barley tea.  Highly refreshing” I collapsed onto the couch. “ If you have any questions, check the itinerary, and spread sheet I emailed you last night.”


Before he could even respond, I was asleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment