Monday, February 15, 2016

New Pom Pom Angel: First Dates pt. 3

When I opened my eyes again, I was before the Council of Angels.  Mama, who I had come to understand as the leader of the Council, was glaring at me.  The old man next to her, whose name I never knew, and who I pretty much just referred to as Old Man, didn’t look too pleased either.

At this rate, I wouldn’t get any sleep. 

“Missy,” Mama folded her arms in front of her chest, “weren’t you being a little harsh?”

“I prefer firm.” I gave her a weak smile. “Gus is a bit… gun shy.  I’ve learned that a firm, direct approach gets the best results.” 

“He’s looking for a girlfriend, not being potty trained!” Old Man’s voice crackled as he spoke, his fist raised and shaking angrily in the air.

“Did you really do your research on this young woman? She was chosen by that… she-demon.”

I nodded.  “Other than her more creative interests in the bedroom, which I may add, are not all that extreme, Raven is well rounded, intelligent, thoughtful and caring person.  Sure, she occasionally enjoys tying up businessmen and flogging them a studded paddle, but really, what’s so wrong with a little consensual spanking between adults?”

Old Man looked horrified.  It wasn’t him I was worried about.  He was not only old in years, but his thinking was outdated as well.  He didn’t understand how the modern world worked, and had spent too many years with his head in the literal clouds. 

Mama, on the other hand, seemed to have a greater grasp of current trends and morality.

“Then why did Regina pick her?” Mama’s eyebrow rose. 

I tried to answer her, but found that I couldn’t.  I actually had no idea why Regina had picked her.  The more that I thought about it, the more it didn’t really make all that much sense. 

Mama leaned forward. “When you wake up, you might want to check into that before sending Gus off on his date. Okay?”

I nodded. 

Then the Council of Angels was gone, and I was back, half asleep on couch.


No comments:

Post a Comment