Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Eye See You: Infection pt. 23

I drove, and Dina played navigator.


“I can’t believe this.” She was shaking her head. “I always tried to be nice to that guy. I mean, he wasn’t the talkative type, but I tried to be friendly. You know, a smile in the elevator, or saying hi when I passed him.”


“I’m more curious at how he get into the… what did Janelle call it? The Digital Void?” i kept my eyes on the road.


“I don’t know.” She looked down at her hands. “He was there, the entire time. He knew what he was doing to Amy, to myself. He could see us both breaking down. He didn’t care.”


“Well, I’m guessing he wasn’t the nicest guy.” I instantly regretted my words. I sounded callous. I couldn’t help it, though. Emotionally, I was exhausted. I was running on pure anger by this point.


Dina just nodded.


We drove on in silence..


“Turn right up here. The building is just off of Lawrence.”


No comments:

Post a Comment